How to go to Bali from Gili Trawangan
When you head back from Gili Trawangan to Bali, all you need to do is be at the Harbor at least 45 minutes before departure time so you will have enough time to book and register your departure details at any boat operators available. From Gili Trawangan to Bali using speedboats, you can choose either to arrive at Amed, Padang Bai or Sanur.
How long would it takes from Gili Trawangan to Bali
The journey typically takes between 2.5 to 4.5 hours from Gili Trawangan to Bali. With a number of speedboat companies on this route, you have several options when taking a speedboat from Gili Trawangan to Bali. The speedboats will be heading to Amed, Padang Bali or Sanur.
- If you prefer to arrive at Padang Bali, you can choose to depart at 9:30, 11:00, 11:15, 11:30, or 14:30 with the estimated travel time by speedboat usually takes 3 hours max.
- You have another option to arrive at Sanur. The boat is scheduled to depart at 12:00 or 13:00 with 4.5 hours max travel time.
- Guests planning to go to the northern part of Bali can choose to arrive at Amed port. The speedboat is departing Gili Trawangan at 10:40 every day with 2 hours travel time to Amed.
Please note that all of the above schedules are depending on the speed of the boat as well as depending on the weather and sea conditions. Also, most of the speedboats will stop for a moment at Gili Air / Gili Meno and Bangsal to drop and/or load other passengers before directly go to Padang Bai or Sanur.
- Book in advance: Bali is an incredibly popular destination, so it’s important to book your accommodation, ferry tickets, and activities ahead of time. This will guarantee that you get the best deals and avoid disappointment when you arrive.
- With stormy weather and high waves, the ride on speedboats can be quite rough and feel bumpy.
- It is advisable for pregnant women not to take speedboats. Bumpy rides and big waves can harm you and your child easily. It is better to be on the safe side.
- Pack a first-aid kit. A good first-aid kit is an absolute must. This includes a good selection of medication for traveling: remedies against seasickness, pain medication, medicine for children etc.
- Avoid empty stomach during the boat trip. We would advise to pack a meal or snacks at home.